Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day. Here are some Valentine tips and trivia you may not know:
- Approximately 1 billion Valentine cards are sent each year.
- Teachers receive the most Valentine cards, followed by children, mothers, wives and sweethearts.
Valentine Etiquette and Tips for Parents:
- Since teachers receive the most Valentine’s cards, be sure the Valentine card your child gives to his or her teacher is appropriate and kind.
- It’s always best to have your child bring a Valentine card for every student in the class. Leaving someone out can be hurtful, especially for younger children.
- Talk with your child about the appropriate response when receiving a Valentine card. Kind words always work best.
- Watch how many Valentine sweets your child eats, keep it to a minimum.
- This is a great time to teach your children how to write a thank you note for any Valentine gifts they receive.
Valentine Quotes for Children:
- “So often when we say “I love you” with a huge “I” and a small “you.” – Antony, Russian Orthodox Archbishop of England
- “And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love they neighbor as thyself.” – Mathew 22:39
- “The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love.” – Hubert Humphrey
Happy Valentine’s Day!
If you enjoyed this Simple Parent Tips article, you’ll want to read today’s Kids Without Stuff Valentine article too.