10 simple etiquette tips for teenagers:
- Remove your baseball cap or hat when entering a house, restaurant or business, especially when sitting down to a meal.
- Write thank you notes. A simple handwritten note works best, no email, texting or tweeting your thanks.
- Keep your elbows off the table.
- Put your napkin on your lap.
- Learn to shake hands and introduce yourself.
- Don’t bring your phone to the dinner table; take time to have a conversation with your family.
- It’s hard to like everyone, but it is not hard to be polite. Try to think of the feelings of others. Sometimes being considerate of others can change a difficult person and at the same time boost your self-esteem.
- Always be courteous to everyone, even when that person is not courteous to you.
- Hold the door open for elders.
- Say please and thank you.
More simple etiquette tips: